Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Neglected Cat

A few weeks ago there was a cute, fluffy, orange cat frantically meowing in the hallway of my apartment building. I figured it belonged to my new neighbors (the ones who now live in the apartment once occupied by my terrible neighbors who made their cats, Nosy Neighbor and Spy, use their litterbox on the fire escape), since I knew they had a cat. My boyfriend and I knocked and knocked and knocked on their door. Finally they answered and Neglected Cat returned home.

I regretted that I didn't take a picture of Neglected (who also was in desperate need of a brushing), but I was so worried about him that I didn't think of it until after the whole ordeal. Well, I got my chance today when Neglected was once again in the hallway. This time his apartment door was ajar. I thought of telling my neighbors that their cat likes to go on extra-apartment adventures when they leave the door open, but at this point if they don't realize that I don't think I can help them all that much. I expect to see Neglected again sometime in the near future.

No comments: