Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday, Scribble!

I can't believe my little babycat turns seven today!  It seems like just yesterday she came home from the shelter as a tiny four-month-old kitten.  (To clarify, I just estimated May 1 as her birthday, since I got her at four months in early September.)

In the past nearly seven years, Scribble hasn't changed a bit--well, she isn't running sideways on the wall anymore... In fact, in true Scribble fashion, this morning as I was singing "Happy Birthday" to her, she looked at me and walked away.  Later, as I held her so she could hear the whole song, she tried to wriggle her way out of my arms.  But these are some of the many reasons why I love her so much.

In celebration of Baby Rib's birthday, I wanted to share a few pictures from her first year of life.  Enjoy!
The above picture was taken the first day or two I had Scribble (then named Libby, as I kept forgetting her name from the shelter was Lilly).  You can see that she's still got the shelter collar on.

Here is Scribble with her first pot of cat grass, before she ate it all.

This is one of my favorite pictures of baby Scrib.  Not long after this photograph was taken, the tree no longer had any leaves.  She loooooved to destroy it.

And, finally, here is Scribble discovering her love of bags... although she quickly upgraded from plastic shopping bags to purses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scribs' money tree shot is the cutest lil Scribs ever. Happy happy, my little furry eye-lined, 'I don't want you to touch me, Tia' friend!

Love,
Tia H

City Kitties said...

Gracias, tia! Te quiero mucho.

Besitos,
Scribble