Monday, October 28, 2013

Throwback Cat: Lucky

I recently acquired a pretty awesome scanner/printer/copier (for free, I might add) and realized that this enables me to post pictures of my old cats that have since passed on to the eternal land of kibble and balled-up aluminum foil.

I've had cats most of my life.  My first cat was Lucky, sitting here with his cartoon counterpart, Garfield.  This picture was probably taken pre-1984.
Lucky was born before I was.  My parents named him Lucky because they found him in a box on the side of the road along with his brothers and sisters when he was a kitten, so he was lucky, I suppose, to find a home.  Lucky died when I was young, although I don't remember exactly when.  Probably sometime around when I was in third grade.  He was old, went outside for the night, and never came home.  I loved Lucky, but my cat-ladiness had not matured to its most advanced state at the time, so he was really more my parents' cat.

No comments: