Friday, November 8, 2013

Happy

I was on my way home this evening on the train when a this woman got on and sat across from me.  It didn't take long for me to discover that she had a tiny black kitten in her shopping bag (you can see kitty in her arms in above picture)!  I, of course, got suuuuper excited, and because I had a couple of adult beverages before getting on the train, I shamelessly got up to pat the kitty.  The woman couldn't speak much English, but she said "happy" when I was patting the kitten, hence the name.  Eventually the woman sitting catty-corner (lolz) to her got off the train, so I moved myself to that seat to pat the kitten some more.  I have no idea what dialect this woman speaks, but I took my chances with one of the few useful Cantonese words I know and said "mau."  She said, "you mau?" so I said "two mau," since I have two cats.  Then she proceeded to offer me the kitten.  I'm glad I hadn't drank enough to take it!

No comments: