Saturday, March 8, 2014

Guard Cat

I've always known that Doodle is a catdog. This is painfully obvious given the way he inhales his kibble like he hasn't eaten in weeks. But this morning he demonstrated his catdogness and guard cat nature when something very weird happened.

I was sitting quietly at my desk working on a paper (that is about to be published!!!) when someone rang my doorbell from downstairs. I, of course, ignored it and continued minding my own business. Then about a minute later, Doodle started growling and ran to the door. So I went to my door and looked out the peep hole and some random man was standing outside my door, doing nothing. Then I saw a second man through my peep hole!!! They were just standing there, looking at my door. So I walked away, and called a friend. While we were on the phone they started knocking incessantly, so finally I asked them through the door what they wanted. They then asked if I spoke Spanish, so I lied and said no. They said okay, and left (I hope. I have yet to go outside to confirm this because I am scared.).

So I should post this tribute to Doodle, my guard cat, in appreciation for his willingness to put his cat safety on the line to protect me (or maybe he is just protecting his kibble stash?).

I am also posting this in case something terrible and tragic happens to me.

No comments: