Sunday, November 2, 2014

Doodle, Please Pull Through!

Yesterday was Doodle's 8th birthday. I felt a little guilty because I was out of town for most of the day, but according to Jimmy he was just fine and enjoyed a nice wet-food celebratory meal. He left the house around 7:00, and by the time I got home an hour later Doodle was not at the door to greet me. Instead, I found him hiding behind the couch meowing in pain. It was obvious that something was wrong, so we brought him to the Animal Medical Center where they told me he had a blocked urethra. This is an extremely dangerous condition that turns fatal within 24-48 hours. They unblocked him and emptied his bladder, and he appeared to be doing much better. But all night I noticed he would go in the litter box and couldn't pee. Today he is extremely lethargic and won't eat. He does not look very good and has an appointment to visit another vet at 1:00.

I wish I could be posting a nice happy birthday post for him right now, but I hope he gets better so we can do a belated celebration later on.

Since he looks very sick, I will post a picture of him and Scribble that I took this past summer in our old apartment.
I love you, Doodle!! Please get better.

No comments: