Thursday, January 16, 2014

City Kitties Travels: Bangkok Cats

So, Thailand has a lot of cats.  So many cats, in fact, that I didn't even take pictures of some of the ones we saw after a while.  Here is a selection of the kitties I saw in Bangkok.

Bangkok is full of motorcycles, mopeds, and other small motor vehicles (tuk tuks!), so it is only appropriate that I start this post with a picture of a cat on a motorcycle:

This cat was fast asleep next to its dog friend.  I thought the tongue was pretty priceless.

Orange cat on Khaosan Road:

Babycats on Khaosan Road:

One of the many cat residents of Wat Pho, home of the famous (and enormous) reclining Buddha.

Kitty near one of the Chao Phraya ferry piers:

Jimmy and I were randomly wandering around Chana Songkhram when we saw this pretty drum tower:

And, what a surprise, there were cats hanging out on it:

สวัสดี! (That means "hello" in Thai.  And, yes, I just googled it and copy-and-pasted it here.)


No comments: