Thursday, January 16, 2014

City Kitties Travels: Hong Kong Cat Café

The number one thing I wanted to do in Asia was to visit a cat café.  In Hong Kong there is just one, called Cat Store/Ah Meow, in Causeway Bay.  You might remember that Jimmy went there a couple of months ago.

The cat café is located on the third floor of what seems like a mixed-use building, and you have to buzz in.  Here is the sign leading the way:

Cow is the first cat we met!  I super love that Asia has lots of Scottish Folds :-D

The menu:

The café:

Jimmy's hot chocolate and my membership card.  They only serve members there (all you have to do is fill out a form).  I think that they get around health codes that would probably otherwise prohibit the serving of food in an establishment that has ten cats by being a club, not a restaurant.

This guide tells you the cats' names.  The waitress told me it is not quite up to date, since one of the cats died and they got a new orange kitten recently.

This cat made himself at home on our table.  Most normal people would be grossed out by a cat sitting on their table, but the patrons of the cat café encourage it.



Getting treats:

What a mighty fashionable cone!

But I think the flower cat is a little jealous of all the treats the five other cats are getting.


I visited the cat café on the second full day I was in Hong Kong (yes, I controlled myself and waited a day to go), but toward the end of the trip I needed another fix so we visited again on our last full day there.

This time I ordered sweetened condensed milk toast, a Hong Kong dessert:

The little orange kitten was very active this time.  He kept jumping into the girls' shopping bags at the table next to us.

Cow said hi again, from his usual hangout spot:

I really liked how extra fluffy this cat was:

And last, but certainly not least, here is the cat that was wearing the flower cone on our first visit.  We kept calling it "Flower," but her name I think is actually Bear.

No comments: